PC and Online Gaming Industry in India 2012
17 Jul 2021
ICT & Telecom
Impact Analysis on the Growth of Market
Activating Probable Propositions Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
With things going haywire, we analyze key points to make sure that the businesses around the globe are completely prepared to tackle potential implications caused by COVID-19. Be it protecting employees, customers or the overall business operations, we ensure that the employers take the right decisions, make strategic investments and maintain a healthy work culture along with taking probable measures to minimize the financial loss. Know More
The Research Report is Updated with 2020 Base Year, 2021 Estimated year and Forecast till 2030 with Market Insights.
With the dip in global production, the GDP has contracted in 2020 and impacted the market across the world. Upon placing a Sample Request, you will receive an updated report with 2020 as base year, 2021 as estimated year and forecast to 2030. This will have market drivers, recovery rate in the market, insights and competitive analysis.
Indian PC and Online Gaming Industry in India are poised to grow at a healthy rate due to rising penetration of PC and internet connectivity. Young population in India will further increase the demand for gaming.
The report begins with an introduction to the overall gaming industry. It provides estimated figures for the global market size and growth of the gaming industry. It also highlights the market segmentation by region and type of games. In the market overview section the estimated market size of the Indian gaming industry is shown. It further shows how the dynamics of the Indian gaming industry is changing. The report then focuses on the PC gaming industry, providing estimates regarding the market size and segmentation of PC users. It also explains the value chain in the PC gaming industry and describes the distribution model of PC gaming. Then the report moves to the Indian online gaming segment. It shows overall market size as well as the segmentation among the rural and urban customers. Furthermore, it explains the value chain and revenue model associated with online gaming. Porter's analysis helps to understand the dynamics in the PC and Online Gaming market in India.
Drivers include increase in internet penetration which acts as a huge driver to boost the demand for online gaming. Games are generally played by the youth and India has a favorable demographic in this aspect. Another driver is that both internet usage and broadband penetration are increasing at a healthy rate thus helping the gaming industry grow. India is a favored outsourcing destination for many gaming companies which is providing a big boost to the PC and online gaming market. Rise in the PC sales acts to the advantage of PC gaming in India. Challenges identified are that pirated CDs are robbing the revenue from the original game manufacturing companies. Broadband speeds in India often falls below desired levels, thus causing problems for playing online games
Trends identified include localization of gaming content so as to suit the tastes of the regional customers. Rise of 3D games both in the PC and online platform can be seen in the Indian gaming space. The Indian PC and Online gaming industry is witnessing investments from the PE/VC investors. Online gaming in India has received a push from the social networking sites and huge prize money is on offer. Rise of cyber cafes as gaming zones as well as tie-ups with DTH operators with gaming service providers are the other trends identified.
The competition section begins with a bubble chart which provides the relative positions of the players based on their revenue, net profit and market capitalization/asset value. The major players in the market have been profiled which includes a financial summary for each of the players. Key ratios and key contacts are also listed. The last section offers strategic recommendations for the players in the PC and online gaming market.
The report further discusses the market opportunity, compound annual growth rate (CAGR) growth rate, competition, new technology innovations, market players analysis, government guidelines, export and import (EXIM) analysis, historical revenues, future forecasts etc. in the following regions and/or countries:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market Size, Y-O-Y Growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market Size, Y-O-Y Growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC(Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe), Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market Size, Y-O-Y Growth Market Players Analys & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market Size, Y-O-Y Growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market Size, Y-O-Y Growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
Please enter your personal details below
2. UTV Software Communications Ltd.
3. DQ Entertainment International Ltd.
4. ChaYoWo Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
5. Dhruva Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
6. Gameshastra Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
7. Kreeda Games India Pvt. Ltd.
8. ibibo Web Pvt. Ltd.
9. Play Games 24*7 Pvt. Ltd.
10. Zapak Digital Entertainment Ltd.
11. Zynga Game Network India Pvt. Ltd.