Anti-Corrosion Coatings Market
17 Jul 2021
Impact Analysis on the Growth of Market
Activating Probable Propositions Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
With things going haywire, we analyze key points to make sure that the businesses around the globe are completely prepared to tackle potential implications caused by COVID-19. Be it protecting employees, customers or the overall business operations, we ensure that the employers take the right decisions, make strategic investments and maintain a healthy work culture along with taking probable measures to minimize the financial loss. Know More
Burgeoning growth of the shipbuilding industry is one of the key factors augmenting market growth of anti-corrosion coatings at present. China is spearheading the growth of the shipbuilding industry. According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the completion rate of ships in China accounted for 41.9% of the world total, while it also accounted for 45.5% of the global orders and 44.6% of the holding orders. Further, emerging shipping hubs are appearing in countries such as India, Vietnam, and Philippines among others. Further, according to NACE International, costs due to corrosion amounted to US$ 2.5 trillion annually, which is also equivalent to 3.4% of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP). These factors have paved the way for the growth of the anti-corrosion coating market. However, high demand for Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) is resulting market slowdown of anti-corrosion coatings.
Based on technology, solvent borne coatings emerged as the leading segment in 2017, majorly due to its heightened block resistance feature, wide application, and less drying time. However, water-borne coatings are expected to exhibit the fastest growth during the forecast period due to its low VOC content.
Asia Pacific is expected to continue leading the anti-corrosion coatings market throughout the forecast period. Rapid penetration of several end-use industries such as automotive, marine, construction and defense among others is one of the key factors pushing the growth of the anti-corrosion coatings market in the region.
Notable players operating in the field of anti-corrosion coatings include BASF S.E., AkzoNobel N.V., PPG Industries, The Sherwin Williams Company, and Axalta Coating Systems LLC among others.
The report further discusses the market opportunity, compound annual growth rate (CAGR) growth rate, competition, new technology innovations, market players analysis, government guidelines, export and import (EXIM) analysis, historical revenues, future forecasts etc. in the following regions and/or countries:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analys & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook